Slide show (click to view)
1 whole duck or duck pieces
1 tsp of black peppercorns
2 tsp of
2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
Few tbsp of plain flour
2 cups of cooking oil for deep frying
Shredded spring onion
Diluted Hoi Sin sauce or LKK duck pancake sauce see this link
Finger bowl with lemon slices (optional)
- Roast both peppercorns in a dry pan for about 2 – 3 minutes till fragrant.
- Ground peppercorns and salt.
- Rub pepper salt all over duck inside out.
- Leave to marinate for few hours
- Steam the duck for about 2 – 2 ½ hours till the duck is very tender but not falling apart.
- Take the duck out and leave to cool.
- Cut the duck into half. Pull and remove most of the bones.
- Rub all over with soy sauce.
- Coat the duck with flour.
- Deep fried till crispy and golden brown
- Shred duck and serve with warm pancakes, shredded cucumber and spring onion and diluted hoi sin sauce or LKK Peking duck sauce
* If the hoi sin sauce you have is very salt dilute with water and add sugar, if too liquid add a little cornflour and heat till thickened. Leave to cool.