Chinese: 春餅, 鴨皮
225g plain flour (about 2 cups, cup size 250ml)
150 ml of boiling water (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 tsp of salt
some sesame oil
- Mix salt into flour
- Pour boiling water into dough.
- Leave to rest
- Knead till smooth, add flour if too sticky. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Cut dough into 2 piece
- Roll and cut each dough into 10 piece (20 pieces in total)
- Press each piece to a disc.
- Brush half the discs with sesame oil.
- Put the other piece without oil on top.
- Press down and roll each piece to a very thin pancake. You can dust the working area with flour or lightly oil the working area before rolling. Dusting with flour the pancakes will be drier, oiled surface the pancakes are softer. Up to you which method you chose.
- Cook on a dry hot griddle pan for about 15 - 20 sec each side.
- Peel each piece into two.
- Cover, ready to eat. If you like them softer can give them a quick steam or dampen with water wrapped in paper towel and microwave for few seconds
- To make in advance, steam or microwave (see 13) before serving. Wrap warm pancakes in foil during eating will keep them warm and moist for a while or if you have a tortilla warmer that will work too.
- To keep: Will keep in fridge for up to a week.