Slide show (slick to view)
2 ½ cup of glutinous rice or sticky rice (cup size 250ml)
200 ml coconut milk (tin)
200 ml boiling water
1 ½ tsp salt
Sambal Udang Kering * (recipe)
1 pack of banana leaves
Some cocktail sticks
- Soak glutinous rice with tap water overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Drain off excess water.
- Add rice into a glass dish.
- Mix coconut milk with boiling water and salt. Stir. Add to rice. The level of liquid should just cover the rice.
- Steam. To speed up the steaming, microwave the rice and dilute coconut milk for about 4 minutes till very hot. Steam for about 1 hour till cooked through. Cover and leave to cool.
- Prepare and cut the banana leaves.
- Wrap cooked sticky rice as per slide show.
* If you don’t like dried shrimps, you can use minced beef (do not blend with spices), stir fry with the blended spices till it is quite dry. Qty of beef use about 250g.