Here is an easy and straight forward recipe with chicken.
- About 800g chicken with bones, cut into small pieces. Chicken with bone has more flavour. Can also use boneless chicken about 500g.
- Marinate the chicken with a dash of light soy, dash of rice wine, pinch of sugar, 1 heap tsp cornflour and a little sesame oil. Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse 2 tbsp dou si (fermented black beans), mix with 2 cloves of chopped garlic and 1 - 4 tbsp fermented chilli (much as you like and how spicy the chilli is).
- Put chicken in a deep dish. Spread the chilli mixture on top.
- Steam for about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some spring onion (scallion) and coriander (cilantro).
|Cooked. Excuse the hot steam|
|Add handful of spring onion and coriander|