I still got a piece of chicken breast left from the roast chicken the other day. Looking for something quick and easy with noodles.
To follow the same sort of salad like bang bang chicken, I thought of Beijingnese style chicken noodles (ji se pun mien 雞絲拌麵) . This is normally eaten warm or cold.
Recipe will feed two.
150g dried noodles (I used Shanghai noodles like this picture on the right)
dash of sesame oil
1 small carrot
1 chicken breast (I used roast chicken)
4 - 5 tbsp chicken juice from roast chicken (if not use chicken stock)
2 tbsp warm water
0.5 tsp chicken stock powder (optional)
2 - 2.5 tbsp light soy sauce
1 - 2 tbsp Chinkiang black rice vinegar
1 - 2 tsp sugar
1 - 3 tsp chilli oil
2 - 3 tsp sesame oil
0.5 tsp ground roasted Sichuan pepper
1 fat clove garlic, finely chopped
1 - 2 stalk spring onion, chopped
2 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 - 3 tsp chopped red chilli
few sprigs of coriander, chopped
- Cook the noodles. Rinse with warm water, drain thoroughly. Mix noodles with a dash of sesame oil to prevent sticking.
- Shred chicken. Cut cucumber and carrot into fine shreds.
- Prepare the garlic, spring onion, ginger and chilli.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. If chicken juice has solidified in the fridge just warm to dissolve. Add most of the garlic, ginger, spring onion, coriander and chilli to the dressing and leave some for garnish.
- Pile noodles on the dish. Scatter on carrot, cucumber and chicken.
- Pour the sauce over. Garnish with the rest of ginger, garlic, spring onion, coriander and chilli.