Fish fragrant style cooking is probably my favourite at the moment. I am addicted to chilli bean sauce :).. Dead easy recipe and delicious.
For the recipe (enough for 3)
300g lean pork
150g bamboo shoot
handful of soaked woodear or tree fungus or black fungus 木耳(about 3 - 4 whole dried pieces or small handful of ready chopped dried)
2 - 3 cloves garlic
1 - 2 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp chilli bean sauce
2 -3 tsp Chinkiang black vinegar
1 - 2 tbsp cooking wine (Shoashing) or dry sherry
a little sugar to taste
dash of soy (optional)
1 tsp of cornflour mix with 2 - 3 tbsp of water
handful of chopped spring onion
few tbsp of cooking oil
1 -2 tsp chilli oil (optional)
pinch of ground Sichuan pepper
- Cut pork, woodear and bamboo shoot into long thin strips
- In a wok heat some oil till smoking hot, add in the garlic, ginger and pork. Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add chilli bean paste, woodear and bamboo shoots, stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in some cooking wine. Taste if salty if not add dash of soy.
- Add in vinegar and sugar to taste.
- Stir till bubbling hot, add in cornflour to thicken.
- Add a pinch of ground Sichuan pepper, a little chilli oil and the spring onion.