I found this nutella cake recipe from Good food mag . Was inspired by it but like to use more Nutella than just 4 tbsp in a large cake and don't like the cinnamon in chocolate cake . So I made up my own mix with less butter, sugar and a lot more nutella. The mixture filled about 1/2 the tin, it grew and grew in the oven to more like a little mountain. I was really pleased with it, had just tried a piece after I have taken the photo. It was nice and light. Will definitely made it again, maybe I will try peanut butter next time. I reckon the cake will be even nicer and moister if sliced in half and filled with cream or ground hazelnut chocolate garnache.
Tin size: 20 - 21 cm round tin
225g of S R flour
25g of cocao
1 tsp of baking powder
125g butter, softened
125g light brown sugar (or any sugar you like)
4 large eggs
4 tbsp milk
handful of chopped hazelnut or almond (no hazelnut which will go with nutella, so use almond)
handful of whole skinned hazelnut or flake almond for the topping
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together
- Beat the butter and sugar till light, then add nutella continue beating till very light.
- Add the eggs in one at the time till all combined and very light.
- Add in the flour mixture a bit at a time and some milk till till the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Fill the tin. Top with more nuts
- Bake at 170deg C fan oven or 180deg C non fan over for about 1 hour 10 minutes or till the cake is cooked through.